Thursday 9 July 2015

SUNDAY BARNSBURY


We had narrowly missed out on pancakes at Glastonbury due to rain and mud, so we needed to fix this mishap sharpish, and chose Sunday in Barnsbury as the remedy after much research via Instagram.  Up until this point, the Clerkenwell branch of Granger & Co. had been first port of call for pancakes (or ricotta hotcakes to be precise), but Sunday may have edged it.  Maybe that's because at Sunday, there is bacon, and you can't argue with an idea like bacon.  I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the pancake stack, as the often aerial Instagram shots have failed to display that there are 4 of them (4 of them!) topped with a knob of honeycomb butter the size of my head, which was worth the £9 alone.
Also, the warm and cloudy weather currently looming in London reminds me of when I went to Morocco in February, meaning I've been pining after a mint tea.  So I ordered one, and it was nice (can't really go too wrong after all).  I was wishing it had more sugar, not noticing the sugar sat on the table next to me, so that's my bad.

The eagle-eyed of you may have noticed a baby's feet in the first shot.  Instagram also fails to note that you are stepping into Islington mummy territory here in Barnsbury, so don't go there thinking that at 10am on a weekday it's going to be empty and there's no need to book...ahem.
So we headed off to Camden market to walk it off, and instead went on what turned into a buying spree for 'clothes to wear at Lovebox'.  I'm sure that also burns off butter.  If you have had any other pancakes that compete with Granger & Co. please please let me know below.  Always interested in new pancakes!

Sunday Barnsbury, 169 Hemingford Rd, London N1 1DA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails